View this email in your browser (http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=1bf57f312deaef772c706e1f8&id=62e75a89e3&e=[UNIQID])
A Healthy Worksite
A healthy worksite should be clean and safe and promote the overall well being of the employees and visitors. It reduces the exposure to job hazards and communicable diseases that can lead to lost time or restricted duty, increased expenses and lost productivity. Healthy worksites also promote employee morale and reduce employee turnover.
Characteristics of a Healthy Worksite
* Provide clean bathrooms, wash stations, eating areas and running water: Make sure there are proper toiletries and cleaning supplies available.
* Hands-free plumbing and waste receptacles are best.
* Make the work environment as visual as possible: Eliminate slip, trip and fall hazards. Use signs, colors and shapes to denote locations, aisle ways and means of egress.
* Ensure there is good ventilation in work areas proportional to the risk involved with the work.
* Establish and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
* Ensure blood-borne pathogen training has been provided and response kits are available. Limit the use of smoking and oral tobacco to designated areas only.
* Establish a pre-shift stretching routine to keep muscles loose.
* Make sure Material Safety Data Sheets are available and accessible to all employees.
* Ensure spill response and fire suppression equipment is available.
* Provide Emergency First Responders and have at least one designated for each work area.
* Set high cleanliness and housekeeping standards: Do not let dirt and debris accumulate.
* Keep waste receptacles from over-filling: Designate the type of waste that should go into each waste receptacle, and establish good recycling procedures.
* Implement a comprehensive auditing program that assesses compliance to expectations; most Healthy Worksites have an effective auditing process.
Questions to Generate Discussion:
– What are some other characteristics of a healthy worksite? Can you identify examples in your work area?
http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Feepurl.com%2Fbr7jiT Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Feepurl.com%2Fbr7jiT)
http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Take+5+For+Safety+-+A+Healthy+Worksite: http%3A%2F%2Feepurl.com%2Fbr7jiT Tweet (http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Take+5+For+Safety+-+A+Healthy+Worksite: http%3A%2F%2Feepurl.com%2Fbr7jiT)
http://us9.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=1bf57f312deaef772c706e1f8&id=62e75a89e3&e=[UNIQID] Forward (http://us9.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=1bf57f312deaef772c706e1f8&id=62e75a89e3&e=[UNIQID])
Copyright © 2015 Maalt Tranport, All rights reserved.